Cauliflower is filled with vitamins C, K, E, B, Potassium, Zinc, and iron which makes it a super food! Did you know that you can use the leaves of a head of cauliflower to make one of the best hair masks! So buy a head of cauliflower; eat the flowers and save the leaves for the below hair mask! This mask is very affordable and effective. I learned of this mask from a friend that worked with super models and this is one of their best kept secrets! So while we are all at home due to Covid-19, lets nourish our hair & body - just open your fridge & cupboards.
1) Remove the leaves from a head of cauliflower, put in a blender and grind for approx. 3 to 5 minutes or until it is pulverized.
2) Mix in 1 ounce oil from what you have in your pantry such as olive oil, coconut oil (melted down), avocado oil and/or sesame oil. If you have other types of oil such as jojoba then even better.
3). Add 1/3 cup mayo
4) Mix all ingredients well, this takes time so mix for at least 5 minutes or until the mixture looks like mush!
5) Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo, towel dry as much as possible.
6) Add the mask to your hair, combing through with a wide tooth comb so your hair & scalp are completely covered.
7) Leave mask on for 1 hour and cover with a plastic cap, shower cap or plastic wrap.
8) Wash out & do not condition
Once you dry your hair you will notice your hair is supple, shiny and pliable. Use this mask weekly, it is affordable and will strengthen your hair over time! Let me know if you try the mask and your results by commenting on this blog!